Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recipe: pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon-cream cheese frosting

I find it funny that I have become the baker of my department.  I was always a fair cook but I was a disaster when it came to baking, hopeless.  I don't know how and when it changed but now I have the reputation of a sweet tooth savant and get requests from my colleagues.  Julie's birthday was over the weekend and weeks ago she found a recipe and requested that I make it.  I looked at it, saw pumpkin and cinnamon-cream cheese and I was hooked.  I was just telling Jenny that I hadn't posted a recipe in a while so I figured what better way to start off my new blog than by posting an sinfully delicious recipe that is in no way going to make me or anybody more healthy, especially when you eat three of them in one day...yep, three.  I felt pretty miserable Sunday night but it was so worth it :-) 

You will need:

1 spice cake mix
1 c. sour cream (I used reduced fat)
1, 15 oz. can of pumpkin
1/4 c. oil
3 eggs

8 oz. cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake tins (24 cupcakes) with cupcake papers.

Combine cake mix, sour cream, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Divide evenly between cupcake liners.  Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool completely.

In a bowl combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended.  Gradually blend in powdered sugar. Frost cooled cupcakes.

I brought these to work today and they were gone in record time and everybody loved them.  They're really easy to make but you could also just make a cake if you were in a time crunch. However you serve this recipe it will be delicious and people will want the recipe...go kraft.com!!

1 comment:

  1. So, I will have quite a bit more alone time in my future, so I might have to finally put your recipes to use. I move this weekend. Then, I'll be able to make my home smell good with recipes like the one I'm commenting on. They sound like the pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting. Yum, yum, yum. I'm glad you have a blog up and running. :-)

    ReplyDelete