Monday, October 10, 2011

And I'm out...

Happy Monday and wedding week!  OK, I know it's only wedding week for me but I just had to share the enthusiasm. I'm not technically leaving until tomorrow but I doubt I'll be on here tonight so I thought I'd say my short-term farewell while I had a few minutes this morning.

Things have been really crazy at work lately.  We ran -1 person for two weeks which was hectic and then my very first new hire started last Tuesday. She's doing really well and I think she's going to be an excellent addition to our team. She's caught onto things pretty quickly so I know she'll be a tremendous asset to the rest of the lab when I'm gone. I'm just nervous because everyone has been working so hard already I hate leaving them for two weeks.  It's funny how quickly I've adopted a protective attitude about the lab. Oh well...they will survive and everything will be fantastic when I get back.

I'm also a bit apprehensive about my weight loss stuff while I'm back. With so much going on I know I'll be eating out more than normal and there will certainly be more snacking than I'm used to.  I just need to make sure that I try and keep myself in check as much as possible and get lots of physical activity. I'm OK gaining while I'm back, I just don't want to gain too much.

OK. I have to get to work. Have a wonderful mid October and I'll check in as soon as I get home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment