Saturday, December 24, 2011

Shamrocks and Shenanigans

Hello, my name is Nicole and I have NO MOTIVATION!  I don't know what's going on but I just haven't been able to get my butt moving over the last few weeks.  I truly think a big part of that has been all of the stress at work, I'd go into it but I'm trying to curb my negativity, but lets just say things have been less than pleasant since moving to the new hospital and losing being a person short.  Don't get me wrong, I love the new space.  It's big, beautiful and so clean. However, people have gone crazy and we're just trying to say afloat.  On the positive side of things we are fixing work flow issues in the clinic and I hired a new employee who starts on January 9th!!

Besides being stress at work I just feel like I'm not working towards anything and I'm the sort of person who needs an end.  When I was going through C25k this summer I had a training schedule and I was a machine.  The paper told me to do it so I did it! Now, the paper tells me I'm done and I'm lost.

As I see it I have two options.  I can whine and sit on this plateau FOREVER or I can find a new plan.  So, new plan it is.  My coworkers Jill, Julie and I have decided to sign up for the Shamrocks and Shenanigans 5K in March! I have never actually run a 5K. Even when doing the program this summer my pace was slow enough that in 30 minutes I only went about 2.5 miles instead of the 3.2ish that is in a 5K.  I've also NEVER run outside. Well, scratch that...I just ran outside, in the cold.  My legs were good, my heart rate was spot on but my lungs were on fire.  I'm going to have to rethink the face mask thing to heat the air up. Anyway, I have two months to get prepared for a race with my co-workers so that I don't looks like a giant slug.  Fortunately for me I think I'm running more than either of them but they'll probably train more easily without being as overweight as I am.

Anywho, that's it for this morning.  I hope you all have a very merry Christmas weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Holy buckets I am impressed! A 5K! I've secretly always wanted to run a race like that. I know you can do it though since you always complete your goals. I'm sure your motivation will spike if it hasn't already.

    I feel bad about the hospital situation. It never seems like a big change can happen without chaos and issues. Hopefully the new hire settles in quickly and helps with the workload.

    Hope to catch you on MSN soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That motivation train you're on, I'm the assistant conductor. I secretly knew this would happen. Vacation/break always turns me lazy. Anyway, it sounds like you could use a nice break from the chaos and stress of the move.

    I agree with Jenny about you completing the goal of running a 5K. You're so good about following through with your goals. I would love to do a 5K. I lack the discipline and commitment, but I'm not counting myself out yet. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete