Wednesday, December 28, 2011

First 5k distance!

I DID IT!  I DID IT!  I DID IT!

In anticipation of my March 11, 2012 5k I decided to see just how close to 5 kilometers I could actually get and I really surprised myself when I ran (read jogged) all 3.11 miles of it.  Granted, it took me 40 minutes and it was on a treadmill in a temperature controlled room but I DID IT!!  Now to work on my time...

Also, I like this cartoon.  Not only did I look like that on the treadmill this morning but it's that time of year again and my niece is in Brownies...AHHH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thin mints are the bomb. Luckily most flavors of Girl Scout cookies don't appeal to me. I still have a box of lemonish cookies in my cupboard that will probably be donated to the local food pantry. Jon likes the Somoas or whatever they call the coconut caramel ones.

    I'm very impressed about your accomplishment. It's always nice when our body and/or endurance surprises us. I'm sure you'll whittle down the time progressively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even a high school teacher is not immune from Girl Scouts. Apparently, there are high school aged Girl Scouts, so I'm sure I'll get solicited.

    Accomplishing a 5K is awesome. Forty minutes on a treadmill is quite the accomplishment. Go you! I think you have plenty of time to work on improving your total time, which doesn't even matter. It's more about finishing than finishing quickly. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete