Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just wanted to say...

Back in 2008, when Jenny and I started our blog together, I had set a  goal of losing 100 pounds.  This morning I stepped on the scale and I have officially lost 100.5 pounds!!  I can't even tell you how happy I am right now.  I honestly never thought I would make it to this point.  I'm pretty sure that I weigh less now than I did when I graduated from high school.  I'd have to dig out old medical records or something to confirm but I'm pretty sure I was somewhere around 270 at the time. It feels so good to hit this milestone but I also think it's an indicator of just how overweight and unhealthy I was. 

Even after losing 100 pounds I am still considered morbidly obese (eesh...I can't wait to get out of that category) and I know that I still have limitations because of my weight.  However, I refuse to let those things stop me. I have already set my next goal, I want to lose another 50 pounds and get, forever and ever, out of the 200's!  Once I'm there I'll set one final goal, however, I'll burn that bridge when I get there...one step at a time.

Anywho, I took some terrible self-portraits today.  I figure 100 pounds lost warrants some new pictures.  So yeah, here are some before and  after 100 pound pictures.



2 comments:

  1. You're amazing! I'm so proud (and extremely jealous) of you!! That must feel amazing. You look great, and I bet you feel great. If you keep up your workouts and eating, you'll be at your goal. You really did it, Nicole. I'm not saying your battle with weight is over, but you really made the commitment, and there are definite benefits. I bet you feel better/healthier, you look great, and you are healthier.
    Super de duper congrats. Keep it up. You are a great inspiration . . . if I could ever gather the strength and discipline.
    Go spend $100.50 :) You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy buckets! Words relay a lot of information but having the visual with the present and past pictures is amazing to see too!

    I can't believe we started the blog that long ago too! Time flies! You are an excellent role model. I need to get support from you more often.

    ReplyDelete